domingo, diciembre 11, 2005

 

The Physicists.

I must have said this a hundred of times (at least I have thought it that many), but I am saying it again here. The fact is that any discipline has an image among the society that in turn is partially responsible to the people that actually get in that discipline. I am not saying that all the physicists are bad in sports (I know three, at least, that were very good skating as teenagers), but physics has a general tendency to gather people that strongly believes in the existence of a rational explanation or a fundamental truth. With time some of us realize (some quicker than others, in this I am a slow learner, also) that there is no fundamental truth. The point is to get over it and, nonetheless, be a good physicist after all. And even more important, be a good person.

But sometimes the force is not at my side and I finish writing a really though exercise (which at least took me 4 hours to figure out, and other 2 to actually solve the calcullations) using the word: "obviously".

Yeah, Im a little selfish myself.

Comments:
Hi Gabo... just so you knoe, if anyone is curious about the ORIGINAL DVD of the stand-up comedy show LA PELOTA DE LETRAS with english subtitles, with the documental about his life and other awesome options, you and any other english spoken people living outside Colombia you can buy it at http://www.glfventure.com/andreslopez.htm or in www.andreslopez.com
 
Publicar un comentario



<< Home

Archives

julio 2005   agosto 2005   septiembre 2005   octubre 2005   noviembre 2005   diciembre 2005   enero 2006   marzo 2006   abril 2006   mayo 2006   junio 2006   julio 2006   agosto 2006   septiembre 2006   diciembre 2006   enero 2007   febrero 2007   marzo 2007   abril 2007   mayo 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?